Cookies are used on this website to make the site easier to use and to track the traffic patterns of visitors. We are operating an ‘implied consent’ policy which means that we assume you are happy with this usage. If you are not happy with this, then you should adjust your web browser settings to disallow cookies.
Your Personal Information – General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
GDPR is bringing in new legal protection for personal information from May 2018. This tells you what personal information I gather when you email me via my website, why, and what your rights are.
- Therapist’s Name:
- Lorna Ashley
- Contact Details:
- Mobile No: 07739465165
- Email address: Chilibreholistics@hotmail.coc
- Data Controller Contact Details:
- Lorna Ashley
- Contact details as above
Any contact info you provide (including the contact form on this site) is not used for any marketing purposes nor provided to any third party for use for marketing puposes. It is solely used used for contact regarding appointments, arrange payments, case history and / or registration and follow up.
Please talk to me about any concerns you may have regarding the privacy of your information.
Confidentiality and personal details
By supplying your contact details on enquiry or request of my services , you are agreeing to me holding confidential data about you. Client contact data is never used for any marketing purposes and only for the purposes of our therapeutic work together.
Under the Data Protection Act 1998, GDPR 2018, you may request sight or removal of your personal details. Any email, mobile, phone or internet (skype/FT/Watsapp) you may choose to communicate me with is subject to the limits of confidentiality from providers.
Purpose of processing client data
The information held about you is used in the following ways:
- To provide clients with the professional counselling and complementary therapy service requested.
- To offer suitable appointments.
- To notify you about changes to your appointments and other changes to the services.
- To seek feedback from you on your experience of counselling.
- To improve the service to ensure that it is provided in the most effective manner for you and for me
- To administer the service, including the arrangement of appointments, for financial control, data analysis, research, statistical purposes.
- To keep in touch with those who consent to this, for the purposes of organisational, service and professional development.
- To fulfil our administrative, legal and contractual obligations as an employer.
Lawful basis for holding and using client information
As a full member of the Federation of Holistic Therapists (FHT) and Individual member of the BACP, I abide by both the FHT and BACP Code of Practice and Ethics. The lawful basis under which I hold and use your information is:
- My legitimate interests i.e.my requirement to retain the information in order to provide you with the best possible therapy options and advice
- My requirement to hold your information for the following legal reasons
- ‘Claims occurring’ insurance
- Law regarding children’s records
- The FHT requirements to retain information for 10 years (if the client is a child, records must be kept for 10 years after they reach adulthoo
- In relation to counselling, your identifiable personal information is kept separately from any session notes and other descriptive material. Client notes and other documentation are destroyed 3 years after the end of counselling. Personal contact details are destroyed/deleted after 10 years of no contact or updates.
GDPR does not set specific time limits but requires that you only keep information for as long as is necessary for the specific reason that you originally collected it
What information do I share?
I will not share any information about you with other organisations or people, except in the following situations:
- Consent – I may share your information with professional carers or others whom you have requested or agreed we should contact.
- Serious harm – I may share your information with the relevant authorities if there is reason to believe that this may prevent serious harm being caused to you or another person.
- Compliance with law – I may share your information where we required to by law or by the regulations and other rules to which I am subject.
Protecting Your Personal Data:
I am committed to ensuring that your personal data is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, I have put in place appropriate technical, physical and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information I collect from you. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is never completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your information using industry-standard protocols and encryption, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to us via email, including forms completed on our website which are transmitted by email; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
I will contact you using the contact preferences you give me in relation to:
- Appointment times
- Treatment information or information related to your health
You have the right to ask us to provide a copy of the information held by us in our records. You also have the right to require us to correct any inaccuracies in your information. Full details of your rights can be found at https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/.
You may withdraw your consent for us to hold and process your data at any time. However, if you do this while actively receiving counselling or complementary treatments, further sessions may have to stop. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please use the contact details given above.
If you are dissatisfied with the response you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office; their contact details are at:
- if you don’t agree to me keeping records of information about you and your treatments, or if you don’t allow me to use the information in the way I need to for your treatments, I may not be able to treat you or hold further sessions with you.
- I am required to keep your records of treatment for the designated period described above, which may mean that even if you ask me to erase any details about you, I will have to keep these details until after that period has passed
- I can move my records between my computer and IT systems, as long as your details are protected from being seen by others without your permission.
Changes to this policy
We may edit this policy from time to time. If we make any substantial changes we will notify you by posting a prominent announcement on our website.